freetds - [freetds] dbsetopt behaviour

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] dbsetopt behaviour
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:30:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Ran into a problem with dbsetopt as called by SybSQL. It does something
like this:

DBPROCESS *dbproc = 0;
dbinit();
dbsetopt(dbproc, ...);

which core dumps because dbsetopt() accesses the null pointer of 'dbproc'.
The Sybase documentation is a bit vague about what the behaviour of
calling dbsetopt() with a null dbprocess should be. It states that doing
so sets the option for 'all active dbprocesses', but obviously from the
code above, the author intended it to affect all future dbproc's too.

Anyone know what the correct behaviour is here? I have a local patch that
applies the option to all open dbproc's but I suspect that is wrong.

Brian