freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: Sybase 0.95/freetds 0.61rc, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE fai led

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Frank Wu <Frank AT webcom.com.au>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: Sybase 0.95/freetds 0.61rc, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE fai led
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:01:13 -0500

In the release candidate, ct_options() returns CS_FAIL only if the input
parameters were (in its determination) invalid. Setting/getting options
doesn't *do* anything, doesn't communicate with the server or return cached
values. It just inspects its inputs and returns CS_TRUE unless it detects a
problem.

The next version (after 0.61) of FreeTDS will have a rewritten, functional
ct_options() for use with TDS 5.0 (Sybase servers only). It might include
limited support for Microsoft servers, limited to the extent that
ct_options() can return status information without communicating to the
server. Version 0.61 will have none of this, because it requires new
functionality in libtds.

If I had a log file of Mr. Wu's session, perhaps I could patch the rc to
satisfy DBD::Sybase Better support of our Perl folks is an interim goal.
Complete support is the strategy.

out such orders and/or instructions.

  • RE: [freetds] Re: Sybase 0.95/freetds 0.61rc, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE fai led, Lowden, James K, 02/25/2003