freetds - [freetds] Bus error(coredump)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steve Dumbrell" <steve.dumbrell AT cogent.bnpparibas.com.au>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: James K Lowden <JK AT bernstein.com>
  • Subject: [freetds] Bus error(coredump)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:31:54 +1100

From: James K Lowden

Steve,

>I would like to see this fixed. Could you do two things for me?
>
>1. Tell us the version you're using, or date of snapshot.
>2. Run a backtrace of the error, thus:
>
>$ gdb tsql
>gdb> r -SCAD_2000 -Usa -Psecret
> [error message]
>gdb> bt
>[interesting feedback]
>gdb> quit
>
>That will help us track down the offending pointer. You might have to
>recompile freetds with debugging symbols included, to get a useful
>backtrace.
>
>By the way, the '"locale is "C C C C C C"' message is not a good sign. It
>means setlocale(3) is returning a bogus string. Steve Langasek fixed how
>setlocale(3) is initialized on 13 January 2003, in revision 1.48 of tsql.c.
>If your version is older than that, you might want to upgrade and see if
the
>problem goes away. But that's most likely a separate issue.
>
>Regards,
>
>--jkl
>
>P.S. Please post only plaintext messages to the list if you can.

Hi James,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The snapshot we are using is a download from the freetds site dated the
19-feb-2003.

Tsql crashes after the core dump so the 'bt' command doesn't work.

Sorry about the formatted text. The company I work for is a Lotus Notes
>:-( site.

Please let me known if you need anything else.

Regards