freetds - RE: [freetds] Compilation errors with tds .60 on Hp-ux using the make command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Compilation errors with tds .60 on Hp-ux using the make command
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:47:33 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I originally had memory allocation problems with the
> configure command on hp-ux 11 but I have since sorted that out
> with the help of Venkat. I am now experiencing the following
> errors whilst running the make command.
>
> (Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 630: error 1000:
> Unexpected symbol: "*". (multiple instances)
> (Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 629: warning 5:
> "const" will become a keyword.
> (Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 397: error 1705:
> Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
> (Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 565: error 1729:
> __float128 type is an ANSI feature.
> (Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 572: error 1573:
> Type of "major_version" is undefined due to an illegal declaration.
> (Bundled) cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier errors,
> terminating.
>
> I have searched through the archives and found the below
> message for the error 1000: Unexpected Symbol
>
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does
> not understand
>
> Does this mean that the make has worked as the last error message
> "(Bundled) cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier
> errors, terminating."
> indicates to me that the make has not worked.
>
> Your assistance will be muchly appreciated.
>
> Oktay

HP/UX have an ugly C (bundled) compiler. A dozen year ago the book I studied
to learn C describe ANSI C syntax and said that there was another
(deprecated) syntax called K&R. HP/UX bundled compiler seem to not still
support ANSI C syntax... So a solution is to change compiler (HP/UX
commercial one or suggested gcc).
Another solution is to use ansi2knr preprocessor and change all function
declaration but seem a long, long work to do...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."