freetds - [freetds] Compilation errors with tds .60 on Hp-ux using the make command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: oktay.tasdemir AT cogent.bnpparibas.com.au
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Compilation errors with tds .60 on Hp-ux using the make command
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:59:52 +1100

Hi,

I originally had memory allocation problems with the configure command on
hp-ux 11 but I have since sorted that out
with the help of Venkat. I am now experiencing the following errors whilst
running the make command.

(Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 630: error 1000: Unexpected symbol:
"*". (multiple instances)
(Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 629: warning 5: "const" will become
a keyword.
(Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 397: error 1705: Function
prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 565: error 1729: __float128 type is
an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "../../include/tds.h", line 572: error 1573: Type of
"major_version" is undefined due to an illegal declaration.
(Bundled) cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier errors, terminating.

I have searched through the archives and found the below message for the
error 1000: Unexpected Symbol

Does this mean that the make has worked as the last error message
"(Bundled) cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier errors, terminating."
indicates to me that the make has not worked.

Your assistance will be muchly appreciated.

Oktay

  • [freetds] Compilation errors with tds .60 on Hp-ux using the make command, oktay . tasdemir, 02/17/2003