freetds - Re: [freetds] which version to install

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] which version to install
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:58:52 -0500

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:49:30 -0600, Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:59:50AM +0200, Gad Hayisraeli wrote:
> > for production, should i use the latest snapshot, or return to the
> > 0.60 stable version ?
>
> If the stable version meets your needs, I always recommend the stable
> version. If it doesn't meet your needs, then with luck, 0.61 will be
> out by the time you notice this. ;D

0.61 will be very similar to 0.61rc1, currently available. No more than a
few lines of changes, barring a major uproar. I think you'll get better
support here for more recent code. All requests nowadays for help with
0.60 behavior are answered with "upgrade", mostly because they're about
problems long fixed in CVS.

I'm reminded of the aphorism: If you ask enough people for advice, sooner
or later someone will tell you to do what you were going to do anyway.

:-)