freetds - RE: [freetds] Possible problem with ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Possible problem with ODBC
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:28:40 +0100

> Hi again,
>
> Is it possible to have two queries executing at once with the
> freetds ODBC
> driver? I've made a small test program that attempts this and
> it does not
> seem to work. (Change "user", "password" and "mydb" in main() to
> appropriate values to run)
>
> The program is attached. It creates a statement handle and
> selects from
> the master..sysusers table. For each row returned, it
> performs another
> query. (Note that the program doesn't do anything useful at
> all, but the
> code should be legal).
>
> The "inner" SQLExecDirect returns -1 and SQLGetDiagRec provides no
> further details. I'm using 0.61rc1 on a RedHat 8 (x86)
> client, with an MS
> SQL Server 2000 server. My ODBC driver manager is UnixODBC 2.2.2.
>
> It could be that I've got some major oversight happening, as
> I'm still new
> to ODBC, but I can't seem to figure out why this isn't working.
>
> Thanks!

ms sql server driver have the same problem... if you don't use cursor based
results...
Solution is use multiple connections (FreeTDS still not support cursors)

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."