freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems with FreeTDS 6.1rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <mas AT plesnik.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems with FreeTDS 6.1rc1
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:12:03 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:11:25AM +0100, José Luis Lasalle wrote:

> - I'm like to know if it's necessary to install unixODBC previosly to
> install FreeTDS for HP-UX client using C programming language and
> SQLServer 7.0 as server or only it's necessary to install FreeTDS
> without UnixODBC and using C libraries.

You should be able to use FreeTDS libraries without unixODBC on _every_
platform - as long as you don't intend to use the ODBC layer. DBlib and
CTlib are fine for many purposes (it even might be possible to use the
FreeTDS ODBC libraries without driver manager - it depends on the
application),

Martin.