freetds - [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gordon Ross <ross AT fas.harvard.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Gordon Ross <ross AT fas.harvard.edu>
  • Subject: [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:12:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am using freetds, which works great when _not_ being used with
apache. When I use apache with the perl Sybase DBD and attempt to
connect to the database, the apache child exits without error or
warning messages. I traced it to the DynaLoader routine which loads
Sybase.so using dlopen (). The procedure (dl_load_file ()) is called,
but never returns. I'm using:

OS: Tru64Unix 4.0F
Apache: 1.3.26
Freedtds: 0.60
Sybase DBD: 0.95
Mod_perl: 1.27 (1.26?)

I suspect I have an symbol conflict in which some entry point
conflicts with an already loaded entry point of the same name.

Have you seen this before? Do you have ideas about what is
happening? Your incite and help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

-- Gord

  • [freetds] Apache, mod_perl, DBI and freetds problem, Gordon Ross, 02/04/2003