freetds - RE: [freetds] Connecting to MS SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Connecting to MS SQL Server
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:32:29 -0000

Tom,

no offence to tsql, but I think it's a mistake to let real users loose with
tsql or to use tsql in application shell scripts.
tsql was written so that people using freetds for the first time would have
a quick and easy method of making connections to a database, and so that
they could verify that the whole shebang was working.
I don't believe we ever intended it to be used as a production-strength isql
replacement.

If you want a production strength isql replacement, which will incidentally
filter out these messages, I strongly suggest you download sqsh (
www.sqsh.org) and compile it against freetds.

Bill