freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC unimplemented functions excluded?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nick Gorham <nick AT easysoft.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC unimplemented functions excluded?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:26:23 +0000

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
Il ven, 2003-01-31 alle 02:43, Craig A. Berry ha scritto:

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I haven't been able to find anything in the archives. It looks like for functions that are not yet implemented there are nice stubs that would properly
report their unimplemented status at run-time. So why are there
hard-code compile-time exclusions as in the following example from src/odbc/odbc.c?

#if 0
SQLRETURN SQL_API
SQLNativeSql(SQLHDBC hdbc, SQLCHAR FAR * szSqlStrIn, SQLINTEGER cbSqlStrIn,
SQLCHAR FAR * szSqlStr, SQLINTEGER cbSqlStrMax,
SQLINTEGER FAR * pcbSqlStr)
{
INIT_HDBC;
odbc_errs_add(&dbc->errs, ODBCERR_NOTIMPLEMENTED, "SQLNativeSql: function
not implemented");
return SQL_ERROR;
}
#endif

So we don't must rewrite function declaration when we'll implement it.
Also we can see missing functions.
Previous version provide stub for all missed function but Driver Manager
do a best works than our stubs (it can also emulate some functions using
some other) so is best to not provide stub.

freddy77

If you just don't return that they are supported in a SQLGetFunctions call, its as good as not exporting them to unixODBC.

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Limited http://www.easysoft.com