freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:09:31 -0600

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 06:03:45PM +0100, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> > Well, I think we should be able to get rid of locales.conf
> > altogether in
> > the long run, and just use libc i18n facilities to figure
> > everything out
> > from the locale. I've started work in this direction, but it needs
> > polishing before I'm ready to commit it.

> I think we do not support very well language....

> - language should be send to server at connect time (not supported on
> TDS7/8)

However, the usual problem is charset, not language (language isn't as
important for error-free operation :). And telling the server
our charset is less important with TDS7/8, due to UCS2 support.

> - collation is not supported (on either TDS7 and TDS8)

What needs to be done to change this? I don't understand what
client-side support is required for collation.

> "select * from master.dbo.syscharsets" and "select * from
> master.dbo.syslanguages" can help...

> I discovered some day ago that language in TDS7/8 must be sended at login
> with local name (not greek but greek written in greek)

Hmm? I remember seeing it sent *by* the server in the native locale, but
I don't remember having to send it *to* the server this way.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer