freetds - Re: [freetds] php + mssql

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "benny iskandar" <liauwsiauwlong AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] php + mssql
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:55:10 +0700

Hi, James, thx for the help ...

But

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:11:40 -0500

FreeTDS does not need $SYBASE/interfaces. It will not look for that file unless it cannot find PREFIX/etc/freetds.conf or $HOME/.freetds.conf.

benny> oke , I understand ....

It's a good idea to confirm your freetds.conf by connecting to the server with tsql first. Once you know that's OK, you can focus on php.

benny> yeah , I already installed with FreeTDS and success on connect
to SQL Server with tsql , then I focus on php now ...

> then I execute phpinfo() , it say included :
> --with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr'
> '--with-recode=shared,/usr' '--enable-xslt'
> '--with-xslt-sablot=shared,/usr'
> '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack'
> '--with-sybase-ct=shared,/usr'
>
> 'Call to undefined function: sybase_connect() ' ???

I think php is failing to load FreeTDS's libctl. It seems to be looking for it in /usr. By default, the FreeTDS libraries are in /usr/local. Did you configure FreeTDS "--prefix=/usr"?

benny> no , I already install FreeTDS in usr/local
"--prefix=/usr/local" , till now I confuse with my php 4.3.0 ,
hiks...

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail