freetds - Re: [freetds] managing two DBD::Sybase modules

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] managing two DBD::Sybase modules
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:39:13 -0600

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:15:25PM -0500, Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

Even if you managed to keep the two modules clear of each other within
the Perl namespace, there would still be (unavoidable) namespace
collisions at the C level. If "at the same time in Perl" means "in the
same process", anything that would make this work would *always* be a
kludge.

I think efforts are better directed towards answering the question, "why
is one set of libraries not sufficient?", and fixing the corresponding
deficiencies in FreeTDS.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer