freetds - Re: [freetds] domain login to mssql7 - login failed for user null - not associated with a trusted sql server connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Munn <pmunn AT munn.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] domain login to mssql7 - login failed for user null - not associated with a trusted sql server connection
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:40:27 -0500

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your suggestions. It was, remarkably, a simple mistake of trying to use the wrong password to log in!

Thanks for lending a hand anyway!

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
Il sab, 2003-01-04 alle 16:43, Paul Munn ha scritto:

Hello folks,

I went back over the past few months of the list archives and didn't see info on this, so here goes.

I've installed the cvs snapshot of freedts and am attempting to use the tsql program to talk to my mssql 7 server on the LAN. I built it with ssl to support domain logins.

--with-ssl ?? Is a quite old option... 0.60 use it...

Here's the profile in the config file, with the IP address and domain obscured for public posting.

[dev01]
host = the_host_ip_address
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
try domain login = yes
try server login = no
nt domain = MYCOMPANYDOMAIN

Seem correct...

and here's the result of a tsql -S dev01 -U myusername followed by me hand-typing my password:

Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1, Server , Line 0
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

The website documentation suggests I set a security checkbox on the server via Enterprise Manager, but it's already set in the "Windows and SQL Server" position.

Any takers?

Some try:
- try setting "nt domain" on global
- try calling tsql with full domain # tsql -S dev01 -U 'MYCOMPANYDOMAIN\myusername'

Try setting TDSCONFIGDUMP to a file name, reissuing tsql command and see
results..