freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: Bug in Code ? (dbih_setup_fbav: invalid number of fields)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: Bug in Code ? (dbih_setup_fbav: invalid number of fields)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:06:52 -0500

Hi Daniel,

Thanks. The log is very clear:

2003-01-02 10:52:09.625412 ct_res_info(): Number of columns is -14344

means we're telling perl there are -14344 columns. Perl correctly guesses
that "NUM_OF_FIELDS attribute [is] probably not set right".

I don't know why yet.

> Is it possible start writing
> the Logfile with showing the FreeTDS-Library Version ?

I would like to do something like that, but there is no "FreeTDS-Library
Version" that can be automatically incremented. All we have are the CSV
revision numbers and dates, which are per-file (not per library). If the
Makefile would somehow sift through the various modules and record the
latest commit date to a public variable, we could use that to stamp the log.
Or perhaps we could grab the first line of the ChangeLog (or even its date).
But for the moment we're stuck, afaik. :(

--jkl

> **** CASE 1
> *STDOUT
> ct_res_info() returned 0 columns at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/DBI.pm line 1253.
> dbih_setup_fbav: invalid number of fields: -14344,
> NUM_OF_FIELDS attribute probably not set right at\
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/DBI.pm line 1577.

out such orders and/or instructions.