freetds - [freetds] LJK, there is no problem with big string now, Just the odbctest.c of iODBC made a small mistake

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ou Liu" <ou AT qbt.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] LJK, there is no problem with big string now, Just the odbctest.c of iODBC made a small mistake
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:51:09 -0500

Hi, LJK
I am sorry about the mess I bring. (The wrong version number I posted)
There is no problem with big string now. The problem is caused by the
odbctest.c, take a look at the code you can see code like:
------------
/*
* Fetch this column as character
*/
if (SQLGetData (hstmt, colNum, SQL_CHAR, fetchBuffer,
sizeof (fetchBuffer), &colIndicator) != SQL_SUCCESS)
{
ODBC_Errors ("SQLGetData");
goto endCursor;
}
But the code use a fixed size buffer "fetchBuffer" to get the data,
the
size is fixed at 1024, however my data is a little bit longer than that. Now
the SQLGetData will return SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO instead of the SQL_SUCCESS
indicating there is more data, but the program don't know that, it just
abort.

Thank you
Ou

  • [freetds] LJK, there is no problem with big string now, Just the odbctest.c of iODBC made a small mistake, Ou Liu, 12/18/2002