freetds - [freetds] No tables displayed in StarOffice usinf FreeTDS/ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <mas AT plesnik.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] No tables displayed in StarOffice usinf FreeTDS/ODBC
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:22:23 +0100

Hello,
some days ago I mentioned getting an ODBC connection to a local Sybase
server at least connected. After connection, StarOffice offers the option to
have a look at the tables in my database. I I choos this option, I get told
no tables were present.
I'm logging this stuf into 'freetds.log'. Connecting to the server ends
with:

[...]
2002-12-18 16:11:41.317105 inside tds_process_end() more_results = 0,
was_cancelled = 1
SQLFreeHandle(3, 0x84f7b50)

Whatever this means, this appears to work. Afterwards, when I choose to look
at
the tables, FreeTDS logs the following to 'freetds.log':

odbc:SQLGetInfo: info option 25 not supported
odbc:SQLGetInfo: info option 86 not supported
odbc:SQLGetInfo: info option 86 not supported

Does anyone have a clue how these messages have to be interpreted ?
During gathering table information, the 'unixODBC' driver manager writes to
'sql.log':

[ODBC][1794][SQLGetInfo.c][179]
Entry:
Connection = 0x844ffe0
Info Type = SQL_DATA_SOURCE_READ_ONLY (25)
Info Value = 0xbfffddd0
Buffer Length = 512
StrLen = 0xbfffddce
[ODBC][1794][SQLGetInfo.c][504]