freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 snapshot & DBI/DBD::Sybase 0.95 & stor ed procedure w/args == seg fault

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 snapshot & DBI/DBD::Sybase 0.95 & stor ed procedure w/args == seg fault
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:13:58 -0500

Jerry,

Thanks for the report.

I succeed running "exec spwho myusername" with:

* last night's FreeTDS snapshot
* DBD::Sybase 0.95
* SQL Server 2000
* TDS version 7.0
* i386 NetBSD

but fail if "sp_who" returns an error message instead of a result set (ask
for an invalid login).

This might have to do with our recent changes to handle output parameters,
or to our earlier mishandling of queries that produce no result sets. I
can't test further right now.

Here's the bt:

r t.pl
Starting program: /usr/pkg/bin/perl nts0090.pl
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
0x482a2e83 in ct_describe (cmd=0x820f640, item=1, datafmt=0x82df000)
at ../../../src/ctlib/ct.c:1009
1009 curcol = resinfo->columns[item - 1];
(gdb) bt
#0 0x482a2e83 in ct_describe (cmd=0x820f640, item=1, datafmt=0x82df000)
at ../../../src/ctlib/ct.c:1009
#1 0x4829343a in describe ()
#2 0x48293a68 in st_next_result ()
#3 0x48293de5 in syb_st_execute ()
#4 0x4828d3f9 in XS_DBD__Sybase__st_execute ()
#5 0x481bf943 in XS_DBI_dispatch ()
#6 0x80a44b2 in Perl_pp_entersub ()

What does your TDSDUMP log show?

out such orders and/or instructions.

  • RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 snapshot & DBI/DBD::Sybase 0.95 & stor ed procedure w/args == seg fault, Lowden, James K, 12/17/2002