freetds - [freetds] Turning over the reigns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Turning over the reigns
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:26:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

As most of you know I've been taking a break from my previous total
involvement with FreeTDS since the birth of my daughter. Well since
then, I realized that it's high time for me move on and devote some time
to other projects.

I asked and James Lowden gratiously agreed to take over maintainership on
a permanent basis. I'll still be around, and piping up now and again.

It was between christmas and new years, 5 years ago that I started FreeTDS
(the first log entry is from 2/7/98, but I started toying around with it
on the off time during the holidays). It's been an alternatingly
extremely rewarding and frustrating experience.

Today, I feel the prospects of the project are in better shape now than it
ever has been, we've got a great team of people hacking away at it and
things are really rolling. I have no doubt I'm leaving my baby in good
hands (FreeTDS is something of a middle child falling between my son and
daughter ;-).

So, before I ramble on too much (too late I know), I hope you will all
treat Jim with the same respect, patience, and occasional brow beating
you've shown me over the past years.

Cheers,

Brian

P.S. For the curious, my other projects:

MDB Tools, reading MS Access files from *nix

OpenDRDA, allows one to query IBM DB2 and other DRDA servers and will
eventually add DRDA server side support to all the free database
engines.

  • [freetds] Turning over the reigns, Brian Bruns, 12/09/2002