freetds - RE: [freetds] RE: unixODBC and isql seg fault

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] RE: unixODBC and isql seg fault
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:31:04 -0500

The message means: In the shared library libodbc, there's a function
uodbc_get_stats() that attempted to access memory outside of its process
space. When it did that, the operating system issued a SIGSEGV signal,
indicating a segment violation. The application probably did not have a
handler installed to deal with that kind of signal, so the default handler
was called, immediately terminating the program.

We're planning a new release soon; I recommend trying our nightly snapshot.

BTW, did you perchance configure FreeTDS --enable-threadsafe?

Otherwise, if instead of "quit" you type "bt" (for "backtrace"), you'll see
the "call stack", the whole chain of function calls leading to
uodbc_get_stats(). That would be interesting information to the lists
you're cc'ing (and us) because it would give some context. Like any train
wreck, the interesting thing -- if you're the NTSB and not CBS -- isn't the
crash, but what led up to it.

Regards,

out such orders and/or instructions.