freetds - Parameters, resultinfo, curr_resinfo

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Parameters, resultinfo, curr_resinfo
  • Date: 22 Nov 2002 08:05:51 +0100

Now I understood the use of curr_resinfo in TDSSOCKET !!!
We have three type of result:
- row
- parameters (output)
- compute
All three type can be stored in a unique structure. This waste a bit of
memory but is very useful (another similar method is to define a basic
structure with a type id and defined 3 structures containing this
structure, something similar to inheritance in OO).
I have already compiled with "typedef TDSRESULTINFO TDSPARAMINFO" and
all work correctly!

Other is the use of curr_resinfo. This is the current result info. So I
can initialize this with param_info/res_info/a compute result/a dynamic
result and use this structure to write data. This solve the problem were
to store output parameters.

Future: when we'll implement cursors we must handle different res_info
for every cursor and every row info should contain compute results...