freetds - Re: apache php module crashing when accessing freet ds libraries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: apache php module crashing when accessing freet ds libraries
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:35:33 +0100

> > 2002-11-14 14:32:40.106372 option = 'tds version' value = '7.0'.
> Hmm. Well, guess #1 was no good. (That log is from the apache module
> version, right?) I thought you said you weren't getting
> anything from the
> server under apache.
>
> > pid: 26520:2002-11-14 14:32:40.205138 inside dbconvert()
> srctype = 108
> > desttype = 47
>
> converting numeric to char

Two thing. This problem can be due to increase of numeric precision in
libtds. You should recompile PHP (or PHP module) and retry.

Note also in dblib.c there is a severe FIXME (first FIXME, line 418) that
should be fixed suddently (it can cause buffer overflow).

> Memo to file: It would be nice if the raw TDS stream could be
> written to
> file and reprocessed in a test harness. The existing TDSDUMP
> format has
> elements of a data log and a trace. Can the stream be
> reconstructed from
> it?

I think so...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."