freetds - Re: apache php module crashing when accessing freet ds libraries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: apache php module crashing when accessing freet ds libraries
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:11:03 -0500

Chris,

A simple problem could be that the TDS version is not right when run under
apache's control. Set TDSDUMCPCONFIG and have a look. If that does expose
anything, please post it here.

Also, what version of FreeTDS are you using? The release should work with
db-lib (or ct-lib) but if we do find a bug you'll probably have to use a
snapshot.

--jkl

> On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 13:43, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > Il mer, 2002-11-13 alle 18:34, Chris ha scritto:
> > > Any idea why the command line version of php would be
> able to do database
> > > queries with freetds, but the apache module version
> causes a segfault with
> > > this error message in the apache error log.
> > >
> > > [Wed Nov 13 10:50:54 2002] [notice] child pid 2431 exit signal
> > > Segmentation fault (11)
> > >
> > > This happens with the odbc and sybase functions. The php
> module seems to
> > > work fine when not using database procedures.
> > >
> > > I asked in a php forum and was told that its a freeTDS
> problem, which I'm
> > > not so sure of, so Im asking here as well. If anything I
> figure maybe
> > > someone is reading this who has gotten freetds working
> with apache who can
> > > help me.
> > >
> > > Thanks alot
> > >
> > > Chris - support AT cvol.net
> > >
> > Hi Chris!
> >
> > I have no idea many idea.
> > What version of FreeTDS are you using?
> > What operating system and version?
> > What FreeTDS library are you using? Ctlib, dblib or odbc ?
> > Can you reproduce the problem? So you should send a log of
> FreeTDS, the
> > code that produce given error..
> >
> > Who do you use db procedure?
> >
> > bye
> > freddy77
> >

> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [ccortner AT cvol.net]
> > To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> > ---
> > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
> >

> ---
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [LowdenJK AT bernstein.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

out such orders and/or instructions.