freetds - UNIMPLEMENTED dbsetopt(option = 14)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chris" <ccortner AT cvol.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: UNIMPLEMENTED dbsetopt(option = 14)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:41:58 -0500

Im getting an error in my freetds dump file when I try to connect to a MS
SQL 7 server through a php script. I tried both with the cli and module
versions of php.

UNIMPLEMENTED dbsetopt(option = 14)

the php script is small:

<?php
$dbproc = sybase_connect("0-ecpc-2","phony","phony");
if (! $dbproc) {
print "hello\n";
return;
}

if (! sybase_select_db("plat",$dbproc)){
print "Could not connect to Database plat\n";
return;
}

$res = sybase_query("select * from customer where id=15868",$dbproc);
if (! $res) {
return;
}
while ($arr = sybase_fetch_array($res)) {
print $arr["i"] . " " . $arr["v"] . "<br>\n";
}
?>

I dont have any idea what is causing the problem. The log file shows that
authentication was successful. I am able to connect to the server with
tsql. the dumps for the two connections, php and tsql look identical
except for the extra line above. This error occurs when I use the
sybase_connect() procedure. Ive searched through the php and freetds
archives and read all the documentation I could find. Im not sure what to
do next. Here is my freetds.conf

[global]
# TDS protocol version

tds version = 4.2

initial block size = 512

swap broken dates = no

swap broken money = no

try server login = no
try domain login = yes

nt domain = ECPC2000

cross domain login = no

dump file = /usr/local/freetds/freetds.log
debug level = 10

; timeout = 10
; connect timeout = 10

# If you get out of memory errors, it may mean that your client
# is trying to allocate a huge buffer for a TEXT field.
# (Microsoft servers sometimes pretend TEXT columns are
# 4 GB wide!) If you have this problem, try setting
# 'text size' to a more reasonable limit
text size = 64512

[0-ecpc-2]
host = 192.58.100.17
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
dump file append = yes

FreeTDS ODBC works perfectly through php cli but no with apache which is
why Im trying the dblib version.. Let me know if any of you can help.

Thanks in advance

Chris - ccortner AT cvol.net