freetds - Re: unable to connect (does not look for freetds.conf)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bj�rn Lantz" <bjorn.lantz AT twoguysandadog.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: unable to connect (does not look for freetds.conf)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:12:02 -0500

I am using a couple of weeks old snapsot of the 0.60

> What version are you using? 0.60? CVS? snapshot?
>
> > Connecting addr 127.0.0.1 port 1433
> >=20
>
> Strange...
>
> > An 'strace' run gives me that freetds has not even tried to open
> > freetds.conf.
> >=20

RedHat Linux 7.0, unixODBC-2.2.3
> System type? Linux, *BSD, SunOS, other?

> > It opens 'resolv.conf', 'host.conf' and 'hosts.conf' without any success
> > (of course).
> >=20
> > Previous versions of freetds that i have user allways looked in
> > freetds.conf.
>
> Strange. Perhaps problem is the location. version 0.60 have a bug like
> that. It search always /etc/freetds.conf or /etc/freetds/freetds.conf (I
> don't remember), even if configured in different way...

It seems like it does not look for freetds.conf at all. The strace output
would show that.

Another thing is that 'Servername' does not work anymore in the odbc.ini
file, It seems to have changed to 'Server'. Are the odbc.ini settings
documented anywhere?