freetds - Change in this weekend.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Change in this weekend.
  • Date: 10 Nov 2002 20:30:16 +0100

I know that someone is expecting dynamic query from me... not ready yet,
I'm sorry :)

Some change I done:
- string saved on row (current_row buffer on TDSRESINFO) are no more
zero terminated. This can cause some buffer overflow (fixed one in
dblib)
- tds_unicode2ascii return now unterminated string. This cause this
function is used for current_row data and because string can be
converted in chunks.
- tds_process_result_tokens return also TDS_CMD_SUCCEED as result_type .
tds_process_end return now flags in a single int.
- numeric are now 256 bit. This is good for Sybase (proprietary ctlib
use 256 bit numeric, so FreeTDS ctlib is now more binary compatible) but
may lead to some error (odbc support numeric up to 128 bit)
- blob information are stored on current_row buffer, not in TDSCOLINFO
(see previous mail for detail)
- added new function (tds_get_homedir) for retrieving home directory
location (using getenv on HOME are not a secure way..)
- start working on SQLNativeSql api
- odbc code (except odbc.c) are now indented correctly (using indent
program)
- remove many FIXME from libtds
- convert now do best check converting from char to numeric/money
(things like '321.2387foo' was considered valid on some situation now
they are invalid)

freddy77

PS: Every mail I send to ML I receive a reject of new subscription.
Somebody else have similar problems?

  • Change in this weekend., Frediano Ziglio, 11/10/2002