freetds - problem inserting nulls in a temporary table in a stored procedure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Isaac Grant" <isaac AT silverorange.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: problem inserting nulls in a temporary table in a stored procedure
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:26:11 -0500

Hello All,

Here is our setup. We've recently upgraded from FreeTDS 0.51 to 0.60 on a
Linux box running Apache 1.3.26, and PHP 4.2.3. We've encountered a
problem with some of our stored procedures since the upgrade, involving
the insertion of NULL values into temporary tables.

Running the following stored procedure returns an error:

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_testing as
SET NOCOUNT ON
CREATE TABLE #test (testcol1 int,testcol2 int)
INSERT INTO #test VALUES (1,NULL)

SELECT * FROM #test

Ther error returned is:

Nov 8 14:17:52 zest httpd: PHP Warning: Sybase error: Cannot insert the
value NULL into column 'testcol2', table
does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (severity 16)

Thanks for any help,

Isaac Grant
isaac AT silverorange.com

  • problem inserting nulls in a temporary table in a stored procedure, Isaac Grant, 11/08/2002