freetds - unimplemented ctlib functions and Roguewave

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: unimplemented ctlib functions and Roguewave
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:33:14 -0500

Hi,

We have been experimenting with getting Roguewave dbtools++ to work with
FreeTDS. It's taken a while, but we seem to have gotten there pretty much.
Most of the basics work, i.e we can issue commands and retrieve the
results.

There are a couple of shortfalls in the ctlib api coverage that are
potentially problematic, however.

The first is ct_diag(). I know Nick did a LOT with error handling. Is this
on the road map anywhere ?

The second is ct_setparam(). Although this seems bound up with Cursors in
the Sybase ctlib documentation, Roguewave has used this in its
implementation of an "execute stored procedure" method, which is pretty
crucial...

I know some people were working on parameters/dynamic statements etc. Will
this work get us towards an implementation of ct_setparam() and is it
approaching readiness yet ?

Bill