freetds - Re: ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation- error :libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler: referenced symbol not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation- error :libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler: referenced symbol not found
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:32:14 -0500

I think the problem stems from your runtime linker's search path.

The message means that ld.so.1 could not find a library with the symbol
PHP_SYBASE_TDSDBOPEN for libphp4.so when ns-httpd was executed.

I think if you poke around with nm(1) among your PHP libraries, you'll find
that one of them exports PHP_SYBASE_TDSDBOPEN, but that it's not in a
directory searched by ld.so. "ldd libphp4.so" may yield clues, too.

You might not realize your question involves Solaris and PHP, not FreeTDS.
Not that I mind trying to help, but you'll probably find more of that sort
of expertise in those forums.

HTH

out such orders and/or instructions.