freetds - timeout connection not implemented

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "alessandro" <iliev AT tiscalinet.it>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: timeout connection not implemented
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 05:37:48 -0500

hello !!!
i was using freetds to connect my java WEB application running on tomcat
4.0.3 and java1.3.1_03 to SqlDatabase, but there is a great missing in
freetds !!! There is no connection timeout, i.e. this instruction is
ignored:

DriverManager.setLoginTimeout(timeout);

this is letal for me, because when there is no carrier with SQLServer
tomcat blocks completely, because the servlet remains in stand by !

so i has forced to use Microsoft driver (mssqlserver.jar) that implements
the timeout, the only free alternative, going against my philosophy

thank you
bye
alessandro from italy

  • timeout connection not implemented, alessandro, 10/30/2002