freetds - RE: curr_resinfo and res_info

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: curr_resinfo and res_info
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:52:43 +0100

Hey freddy,

having introduced support for compute clauses, it is now possible for a
single sql statement to return multiple result sets, and rows of data
associated with any of these. So. If you executed the command:

select * from <table>
order by <column>
compute sum(<column>) by <column>

You would get back from the server:

1) result info for the "regular" data
2) result info for the compute clause
3) regular data
4) compute data
5) regular data
6) compute data
n) end token

So we can no longer assume that each data row we process can be desribed by
what's in tds->res_info.
We have to associate each row either with tds->res_info or one of the
compute clause "res_info" structures.

tds-> curr_resinfo is just a pointer. It points to whichever "res_info"
structure is appropriate for the current data row.

Bill

  • curr_resinfo and res_info, Frediano Ziglio, 10/26/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: curr_resinfo and res_info, Thompson, Bill D (London), 10/26/2002