freetds - Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails us ing FreeTDS.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails us ing FreeTDS.
  • Date: 21 Oct 2002 08:41:48 -0700

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 08:20, Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

0.94_02 uses cs_ctx_global(). Previous versions don't. The reason for
using cs_ctx_global() is when you integrate DBD::Sybase into an existing
process that may already have allocated a CS_CONTEXT - that way you pick
up the existing context. I did this specifically because I've been
working on an Open Server with perl capabilities - something that could
be used to provide a simple gateway to non-Sybase data sources from
Transact-SQL (a cheaper version of Sybase's DirectConnect product,
essentially).

I need to add a number of bug fixes, and then I'll release 0.95
officially, hopefully in a week or two.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler / mpeppler AT peppler.org / http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler