freetds - Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails using FreeTDS.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails using FreeTDS.
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:43:44 -0400

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:01:20 -0400, "jd wilson" <john.wilson AT savvis.net>
wrote:

> I'm looking for some assistance with the errors encountered when running
> 'make test' for DBD-Sybase-0.94_02.

J D,

You may be happy to learn you don't have a FreeTDS problem, at least not
yet. As far as I can tell, you're having a problem getting Solaris to
load shared libraries for Perl. The salient complaint is:

> No such file or directory [libgcc_s.so.1] at
> /home/jwilson/devel/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader
> .pm line 169.

I'd check the setup of your runtime linker (I don't use Solaris and can't
be more specific). Probably libgcc_s.so.1 is not in its path
(LD_RUN_PATH?). That's what:

> Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
> at t/autocommit.t line 40

means.

> I assume that if I'm using FreeTDS, that
> this will be replaced by "use DBD::Sybase;"

You'll find an example in freetds/samples/test.pl. If you're using
FreeTDS 0.60, see

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freetds/freetds/samples/test.pl

[...]

> I've got the following env setup:
>
> [jwilson@vntwb1da DBD-Sybase-0.94_02]$ uname -a
> SunOS vntwb1da 5.7 Generic_106541-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jwilson/devel/usr/local/lib
>
> SYBASE=/home/jwilson/devel/usr/local (this is where I installed FreeTDS
> libs and includes)

That looks OK. I don't know what DBD-Sybase uses $SYBASE for anymore.

[...]

> One thing to note is that the perl I'm using (5.00503) has been recently
> rebuilt on this server using gcc 3.0.3. Also the DBI module was built
> and tested under this same configuration and it does not have any
> problem loading DBI when the source encounters a "use DBI;" call.

That sounds fine.

HTH.