freetds - RE: pool server build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Magnus Ahl" <Magnus.Ahl AT infogate.se>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: pool server build
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:44:11 +0200

>> 1. The program is full of "fprintf(stderr, ... )" and there is no way to
>> turn of this _extremely_ verbose stderr logging, like a #define
>> or something similar.
>
> ./tdspool [poolname] 2> /dev/null
>
> Seriously, this is on the todo list.

Yes, in bash.

Still, I would feel much better if this was #ifdef:ed or made
a command line swich. As it was mentioned earlier on the list,
95% of the time TDS spent, even _without_ using debugging was in
the tds_debug-code.

>> 2. The program behaves very strange on one of our servers (RedHat 8.0) in
>> the way that it keeps all connections alive until the program is
forcefully
>> killed. Reverting from gcc 3.2 to gcc 2.95.3 and rebuilding the program
and
>> the library does not fix this problem.

> That is strange behaviour, if you posted details, we might be able to do
> something with it.

I'm sorry, but that is about all detail I have. One experiment on
a limited platform. Perhaps this will surface sometime later when
more and more peopla start to migraet to and develop on the RH 8.0
platform?

regards,

Infogate AB Magnus.Ahl AT infogate.se
Storgatan 29 tel: 035-171970