freetds - RE: Memory alloc failure (was RE: WARNING: update your autoconf)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Memory alloc failure (was RE: WARNING: update your autoconf)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:57:24 +0800

You're right, that does "fix" the problem (and yes, it is SQLServer 7).
And I rebuilt sqsh on Linux, and exactly the same thing happened there.
However I was puzzled as to why this had just started with latest code,
as I'm tracking CVS changes pretty much daily.

The "_image" field in the all_types test table is a 16 byte long binary,
with 8-byte contents (20120304).
When I use tsql, it seems to display it correctly.

bash-2.02# tsql -S Bakes -U user -P password
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server CPRO200, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1> select '>',_image,'<' from all_types
2> go
_image
> 3230313230333034 <

but for some reason sqsh now wants to display it as a binary surrounded
by a large amount of blank space, limited by "set textsize" as you pointed
out, or else segfaulting.

I've attached the freetds.log file.

David