freetds - re: solaris8_datetime_error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "dean chang" <dean.l.chang AT verizon.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: solaris8_datetime_error
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:51:49 -0400

Hi Folks,

Regarding my earlier post, below, please disregard. The error was
actually coming from the Data::Dumper module. The problem still exists
though, but I've found a work around. Before pulling the datetime columns
as datetime values, I used the sql convert() function to convert the
datetime datatypes to varchar(20). FreeTDS and Sybase::DBD really do work
well together, no problems either with performance and stablility (though
small bug with datetime, workaround being said above).

"In God we Trust, all others bring data."
deanc

Hi folks, when I run sql queries via tsql, all the data returned looks
good. However, when using the perl dbi method to query a table with
datetime columns (and maybe money type also) I get:

"Use of uninitialized value in join or string at..."

However int,numeric,varchars columns return their values correctly if I
add code to handle the null/undef values in the datetime columns in perl.
I read the big-endian/little-endian issues, but from what I understood,
these issues were patched. Like I said above, no problems when I run the
select sql query from tsql. Thanks folks, MPepper and friends--you are
all doing great work.

Solaris 8 (patched) Sun E420R
sybperl-2.14
DBD-Sybase0.94
freetds-0.60
activeperl 5.6.1.633
dbi-1.30
gcc-2.95.3
sybase-openclient

[freetds.conf]:
host=mssql-7.0
port=1433
tds version=7.0

dean.l.chang AT verizon.com

  • re: solaris8_datetime_error, dean chang, 10/02/2002