freetds - Re: md4 implementation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: md4 implementation
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:56:58 -0500

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 11:19:02AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > md4.c and md4.h are committed. I didn't bother making a subdirectory
> > > for
> > > md4.c; there doesn't seem to be much point to it.

> > Yes, but we use des algorithms from openssl too...
> > Function used are des_ecb_encrypt, des_set_odd_parity and des_set_key.

> Working on it. The mcrypt lib doesn't do anything with parity, so I need
> to figure out what it is and implement it myself. Once we have that,
> I'll test it all together (the mhash routines already test out ok) and
> commit the batch.

And we're done. Took a little bit to test it all out, since ctlib
appears to be broken wrt sqsh right now :), but I've successfully
authenticated to a SQL 7 server as a domain user with the new code.
Please test and let me know if you find any problems.

A license-safe package will be uploaded to Debian tomorrow.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer