freetds - null handling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: null handling
  • Date: 26 Sep 2002 21:51:47 +0200

I don't understand the reason to store null bool bit into current_row...
Perhaps past implementation do not store field information (like size of
pointer to data) into TDSCOLINFO and store all in current_row.
I think the fastest way to store null flag is to initialize
column_cur_size to -1... not require extra space...

The problem came with params. When returning params we don't know how
many params are present in result, so we extend current_row for every
params arrived. Current implementation do not take into account null
flags (not allocated or handled) while RPC can return null params...
I'm implementing code to handle null bit but I think storing in
TDSCOLINFO is simple...