freetds - SQSH with FreeTDS for SQL Server access

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Savitri Sarangi" <ssarangi AT Satyam.odc.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: SQSH with FreeTDS for SQL Server access
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:15:33 -0400

Dear all

I am trying to access SQL Server 2000 from sqsh on Solaris. I downloaded
sqsh source and created the binary. My $SYBASE, $CC set properly.I use
only cc and not gcc. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes freetds/lib path. I did
not modify SYBASE_LIBS = -lct -ldl -lm as said in FreeTDS SQSH
documentation. This gives me host of undefined symbol error. So I left
SYBASe_LIBS as it was. However when I run sqsh -SMYSERVER -Usa -Psa
I get error
sqsh-2.1 Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Open Client Message
Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 6
ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
Net-Library
operation terminated due to disconnect

what is the problem? I do not want to use open client. SQSH should use
FreeTDS.Can any one help me in this?

thanks and regards

savitri