freetds - RE: big problem with TDS connection Pooling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: big problem with TDS connection Pooling
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:05:02 -0400

port = 2500
tds version = 4.2
[mypool]
host = localhost
port = 5000
tds version = 4.2

./tdspool mypool
./tsql -Udbuser -Pdbpass -Smypool

That worked for me, at least for some simple tests.

Note that I checked in a couple of small fixes to the pool server today.
You may have better luck with a complete current CVS than with the 0.60
release.

Also, note that TDS4.2 should be used for both the tsql -> pool and the pool
-> server connections. I didn't have any luck at all using any other
protocol version on either end. YMMV.

Hope that helps...
--nick