freetds - Re: CVS problems?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CVS problems?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:05:18 -0500

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:26:13AM -0400, Castellano, Nicholas wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with the CVS server at sourceforge?

> $ cvs update
> castellano AT cvs.sourceforge.net's password: [carefully enter correct
> password]
> Permission denied, please try again.
> castellano AT cvs.sourceforge.net's password: [carefully enter correct
> password]
> Permission denied, please try again.
> castellano AT cvs.sourceforge.net's password: [carefully enter correct
> password]
> Permission denied, please try again.
> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
> $

> My password is accepted on the web page...and I can login interactively to
> shell.sourceforge.net with the same login/password...so I'm not sure what's
> going wrong here.

I did notice yesterday that I was getting no route to host for a while
when trying to connect, but that problem fixed itself. However, I use
ssh keys to access sourceforge, so it's possible there's a problem
specifically with password-based access on that CVS server.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

  • CVS problems?, Castellano, Nicholas, 09/19/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: CVS problems?, ZIGLIO Frediano, 09/19/2002
    • Re: CVS problems?, Steve Langasek, 09/19/2002