freetds - Re: rc3 works well

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: rc3 works well
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:06:07 -0400

Builds and runs on AIX 4.3.

$ bin/tsql -Usa -Smyserver
Password:
1> select @@version
2> go

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5/SWR 9611 GA/P/RS6000/AIX
4.3.3/main/1647/32-bit/FBO/Sat Jun 2 00:41:53 2001
1>

Not able to test against MS SQL Server here.

Two small quips. The file name has traditionally been in the form
freetds-0.XXrcY.tgz and this is freetds-0.XX.rcY.tgz

Second thing, the directory when unpacked is "freetds", should be
"freetds-0.60"

No actual build or runtime problems though! Make the name changes and I
think we are golden unless someone finds a show stopper in the next day or
two.

Brian

PS On the tasklist, we need a -v or -V option for tsql as a convient way
to tell us what version of FreeTDS is installed. I've got a patch, slate
it for 0.61.