freetds - Re: rc2, unixODBC progress

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Leon Brooks <leon AT cclinic.com.au>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: rc2, unixODBC progress
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:48:39 +0800

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:35, James K.Lowden wrote:
> Right. Like I said.

> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.60rc2.tgz

I grabbed `current' today, which may be the same thing, and with unixODBC
2.2.3 it worked perfectly as far as unixODBC talking to SQL Server 7.

I still haven't got MS-Access to acknowledge the unixODBC driver though. I've
added the registry keys to WINE to tell it that a driver exists for the ODBC
connection but it still seems to be trying to use the Windows ODBC drivers
instead. Perhaps it knows too much. I might see if rearranging WINE's DLL
useage is of any avail tomorrow. Either way, FreeTDS doesn't seem to be a
part of the problem any more.

tsql needs to exit on EOF as well as on magic words, else (I haven't tried
this, I'm interpreting the code) it will spinlock on EOF.

--
Computer Clinic (WA) P/L Lasting good health for your network!
+61-8-9207-3686 http://www.cclinic.com.au/

linux.conf.au 2003 The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://conf.linux.org.au/ 22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

  • Re: rc2, unixODBC progress, Leon Brooks, 09/10/2002