freetds - RE: release candidate #1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Franck Martin <Franck AT sopac.org>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: release candidate #1
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:55:27 +1200

-It would be nice if you could talk in the README about the image and text
fields and how freetds handles them.

-Also you could list in the annoucement some major applications that uses
freetds like php,... It will make the developpers of other applications as
well as the users to focus on the good interaction with the libraries.

-Finally you could say a word on distributions that ship with freetds. I
know Mandrake does, don't know about the others but it will help end users
to locate an easy installation of freetds through a distribution. For my
part I will re package freetds 0.60 as soon as I get my hands on MDK9.0. It
will also push the other distros to ship with freetds.

May be with luck freetds 0.60 with its corresponding php-sybase could be
part of MDK9.0 if the package is pushed to cooker well before the 15/09 date
of planned MDK9.0 release.

Continue the good work

Cheers