freetds - RE: sysconfdir

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: sysconfdir
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:04:38 -0400

Bill,

That depends on what "fails as a result" means. A bug is behavior not in
accordance with the documentation.
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x296.htm#AEN328 says, "The default is
/etc/freetds", so it's not a bug. Say I.

Howsoever, unless there's picketing for /etc/freetds outside my front door
tonight, the release candidate documentation (and behavior, to be sure) will
say, ""The default is /usr/local/etc/".

That reminds me, there's no documentation of the locales.conf. And BTW, why
isn't locales.conf in the [global] section of freetds.conf?

No rest for the weary, eh?

Regards,

--jkl

original message. Please note that for certain accounts we do not accept
orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and for those accounts we will not be
responsible for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. Kindly refrain
from sending orders or instructions by e-mail unless you have confirmed that
we accept such communications for your account. Please also note that to
satisfy regulatory requirements we review the outgoing and incoming e-mail
correspondence of staff members serving certain functions.

  • sysconfdir, James K . Lowden, 09/06/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: sysconfdir, Thompson, Bill D (London), 09/06/2002
    • RE: sysconfdir, Castellano, Nicholas, 09/06/2002
    • RE: sysconfdir, Lowden, James K, 09/06/2002