freetds - Re: rc1 this weekend

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: rc1 this weekend
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 07:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:

> All,
>
> There are a few outstanding patches and fixes I'm hoping to apply or see
> applied RSN:
>
> 1. Second set of Open Link patches. Do you want to review them, Brian?

The usertype one looks good. Another unknown down.

The locale one needs to be ditch the interCaps variable before
commiting but is fundamentally sound.

The capabilities change looks good (my guess is that OC 12.x has added a
few capabilities, long varchars being one that I know of) in principle,
but I'm a bit weary of making changes on the wire this late in the game.
I'm afraid to say, while a good patch, this is 0.61 fodder.

I'm not going to be able to commit these until tomorrow evening sometime,
so if you want to....

> 2. autoconf changes to include and install the UG HTML in the distribution
> tarball.
>
> 3. unixodbc woes resolution, if at all possible?

I think i have a line of this. Perl seems to rely on the bound variable
being space filled, Freddys unittest fails on my machine for exactly that
reason, just fighting some ghosts in the machine right now, once that is
straightened out i think I'll have it.

I'd like to have this at least working as well as it was in 0.53. I think
we'll be seeing a mature ODBC in the coming months.

> Expect rc1 over the weekend. Brian, should it be version-labelled in cvs?

tag it with R0_60 and then we'll just moving the tags for any problem
files that appear.

> Regards,
>
> --jkl

Brian