freetds - Re: Polling tables?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Polling tables?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:29:48 -0400 (EDT)

Not that I'm aware of. With Sybase you may be able to use replication
server to monitor the transaction log and deliver the transaction to a
bogus server using either OpenServer or libtdssrv. This is all rather
theoretical at the moment though since I don't think it's ever been done
;-)

the other options would be a pass thru server that the client connected to
(ala tdspool) before being passed to the real server to intercept the
call, or updating the table via a stored procedure that could then do some
sort of RPC thing yet to be worked out.

We use Sybase extended stored procedures (C stored procs with system 11.5
and above) to do the above type situation. Not sure if MS has anything
resembling that.

Brian