freetds - RE: TODO

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: TODO
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:32:51 -0700

Following this thread, I tried the same statement with tsql on x86 to
MSSQL 2000 and it yields:

1> select * from sysusers
2> go
uid status name sid roles createdate updatedate
altuid
password gid environ hasdbaccess islogin isntname
isntgroup isntuser issqluser isaliased
issqlrole isapprole
lt-tsql: convert.c:1660: tds_convert: Assertion `!depth++' failed.
0 0 public Abort (core dumped)

It appears to be choking on the sid column with is VARBINARY(85) NULL.
The same statement fails through DBD::Sybase as well. I tried creating
a separate table that mimic'ed the sid column and was unable to
reproduce the problem. Strange.

Eric

> From: Brian Bruns [mailto:camber AT ais.org]
>
> Yep that's the one. tsql is dead simple in that it just converts
blindly
> to VARCHAR. I hadn't figured out whose fault it is (convert or tsql)
yet,

0

0

0