freetds - Re: PHP: losing client/server sync after error (cvs, Sybase ASA)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PHP: losing client/server sync after error (cvs, Sybase ASA)
  • Date: 02 Sep 2002 21:07:51 +0200

Il lun, 2002-09-02 alle 14:10, Brian Bruns ha scritto:

> I think the safe thing to do here is to read until we receive a TDS_DONE
> token w/ cancel flag set. I don't know why this doesn't work anymore but
> the fact that there is an intermediate packet wouldn't matter, we'd know
> we needed to continue to read as long as we hadn't seen a done.
>
> Brian

You have to take into account that server just stop sending packets. If
data do not stop at packet but will continue on next packet this could
result in a missed cancel...

But I don't think this is the problem... it seem that server just
continue to send data or that library cache some result. I have no test
code...

freddy77

  • Re: PHP: losing client/server sync after error (cvs, Sybase ASA), Frediano Ziglio, 09/02/2002